After the initial assessment the goal is to dramatically improve your health and relieve you from facial, head and back pain. The core ttreatments our practice offer are below.
What Treatments are available for TMJ Sufferers?
- Soft Tissue Laser Therapy
- Orthotic Appliances
- Permanant Removable Appliances
- Full Mouth
Soft Tissue Laser Therapy
Laser is a light beam from the electromagnetic spectrum. The laser light beam travels to the target area with its photons (little packets of energy). This low-level laser therapy is used clinically to nondestructively alter cellular function. This phenomenon, known as laser biostimulation, is the basis of the Soft Tissue Therapy.
The laser therapy can stop bleeding and seals lymphatic and nerve endings, thereby by-passing inflammation and the usual discomfort that is associated with inflammation during healing.
The benefits are:
- Reduction of muscular pain
- Faster and more efficient
- Essentially painless
- More sterile (laser tip sterilizes itself in operation)
- Less invasive
- Precise and conserves healthy tissues
Step 1. Splint
The practice uses Aqualizer™'s Mouth Splint system which allows the body to naturally find TMJ pain relief and functional balance. When you bite down on the fluid filled Mouth Splint it evenly distributes the splint across the entire bite and enables the body to naturally balance itself and function on its own.
- Immediately optimizes biomechanics
- Supports the jaw in a comfortable position
- Removes the teeth from dominance, placing bite and body in harmony
- Straightens the bite to maximize other structures - Aqualizer™ is the bridge
- Normalizes the bite and provides TMJ pain relief at will
- Removes the imbalance trigger for patients who have existing malocclusion
- Finds perfect occlusal balance, starting treatment immediately
Step 2. Precison Mould and Appliance Creation
By using a precison articulated mould your reference points are replicated. From this mould two dental orthotics are individually manufactured. The orthotics are for day and night.
Night and Day appliance
Step 3. Permanent Removal Appliances
Step 4. Full Mouth Reconstruction